Some of these are no-brainers, and a couple may be new to you, but these are the top 5 specialty hot dogs found at a stadium near you:
- Chicago Dog– Wrigley Field- Nestled in a steamed bun, and the toppings are applied in this order: yellow mustard, sweet relish, onion, tomato wedges, pickle spears, sport peppers, and celery salt.
- Dodger Dog– It’s a 10-inch hot dog soaked in beer that’s grilled. It’s served with ketchup, mustard, onions, and sweet relish.
- Ben’s Half Smoke – Found at the home of the Washington Nationals. The half pork, half beef dog is smothered in chili from Ben’s Chili Bowl, a local favorite. Topped with mustard, cheddar cheese, and onions
- Denver Dog– The Mile High City serves it with an all-beef dog, and the famous green chile, red onions, and jalapenos, and topped off with sour cream.
- Fenway Frank– Boston- Proudly serves its dog from a local purveyor. Their franks are grilled and placed in a steamed, white roll, and topped with mustard. Simple, but local and tasty.