If you are staying for a visit in Providence, Rhode Island, there are plenty of things to see and do. Rich history and a 1200 acre park system highlight any trip.
Some of Southern Airways choices:
- As one of the first cities in America, Providence contains many historic buildings, while the East Side neighborhood in particular includes the largest contiguous area of buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the U.S., with many pre-revolutionary houses
- The dome of the State House is the fourth-largest self-supporting marble dome in the world and the second-largest marble dome after St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome
- The Westminster Arcade is the oldest enclosed shopping center in the U.S.
- The Providence Athenæum is the fourth oldest library in the United States.
- The southern part of the city is home to the famous roadside attraction Nibbles Woodaway (also known as the “Big Blue Bug”), the world’s largest termite.