While we hope that 2021 will bring better things, including COVID relief, please remember to double-check events or links in advance to make sure there are no scheduling changes.
Valentine’s Day 2021 falls on a Friday this year, so we at Cloud Nine Magazine have put together thoughts for a romantic weekend in and around Boston. Remember Southern Airways flies into Boston-Norwood (OWD) regularly.
Valentine’s Day Weekend Getaway Ideas in Boston, Ma.
- Treat your sweetie to wines paired with artisanal Italian pairings at Eataly. Tickets to the 15 Shades of Red event are $55 (available here)
- Enjoy an evening of ceramics-making for couples at deCordova Museum! Work as a team on the wheel, decorating clay hearts, or building your own romantic sculpture. Tickets are $90–$105. Feb 14: 6pm-8pm
- One of Boston’s most popular options for outdoor drinking and dining resides atop the Seaport Envoy Hotel. Valentine couples will love the rooftop igloos that feature warm blankets, specialty cocktails, and a menu of small plates.
- If you’re looking for the opposite of a romantic evening, head to any Kings Dining & Entertainment locations. Place your ex’s name on a keepsake pin and strike them out with a bowling ball. 2/13-16.
- The Boston Wine Festival’s Valentine’s Day Dinner Dance at The Wharf Room. The all-champagne dinner will feature wines from Moët & Chandon, including Moët Imperial, Moët Vintage Blanc 2012, Moët Rose NV, Moët Vintage Rose 2012, and Moët Ice. Guests in cocktail attire will enjoy food from Chef Daniel Bruce, plus live music and dancing. Find tickets ($215pp) at the Boston Wine Festival website. Feb 15 at 7pm
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Jazz & Champagne Tasting Cruise – Toast your valentine on this romantic evening cruise as you sample 3 champagnes and nibble on chocolate-covered strawberries while a live jazz band plays in the background – February 14, 15, 16
- Learn how to make glass hearts of all types – blown glass, shaped glass, fused glass – and give it to your love. Diablo Glass Studio (123 Terrace Street, Boston) offers special small-group classes on February 9 and 14 – check them out.
- Swing Dancing at Faneuil Marketplace – Want to do something different and fun? Learn the basics of swing dancing from instructors at Boston Swing Central and enjoy live swing music by The Easy Winners Sextet from 1pm-3pm on February 15 at Faneuil Marketplace – no partner or previous experience necessary! Or join the event’s “Longest Kiss” competition at 1pm. Find out more about Swing & Lindy dancing
- See more at Visit Boston