It’s the most wonderful time of the year. But, it can also be stressful, and a little time out and an escape to the local theater or in your house relaxed on the couch, can help you relax and get back in the spirit.
So, grab your popcorn, go ahead and get that extra butter, and enjoy these favorites this holiday season:
- What Happens Later – Our fave rom-com actress is back to brighten your holidays, in a theme we are familiar with: Two ex-lovers, Bill (David Duchovny) and Willa (Meg Ryan) get snowed in at a regional airport overnight. Indefinitely delayed, Willa, a magical thinker, and Bill, a catastrophic one, find themselves just as attracted to and annoyed by one another as they did decades earlier.
- The Marvels – Action and superhero fans will be happy to see Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson back on the big screen in the latest installment of the comic book classic.
- The Hunger Games – The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes – The popular series is back, and takes us before what we know and to where it all started.
- Leo – This one is for the kids! Adam Sandler is the voice of Leo- a 74 year old turtle, who is the elementary school class pet, in this animated musical. Netflix.
- Napoleon – Joaquin Phoenix plays Napoleon Bonaparte in this sweeping historical movie from Ridley Scott.
- Maestro– This date night movie is based on musical great Leonard Bernstein and his love for Felicia Bernstein. Bradley Cooper stars.
- Candy Cane Lane – Fun for all ages, the premise being a man willing to sell out to win his neighborhood light contest. Eddie Murphy and Nick Offerman headline this one. Prime Video.
- Wonka – Before he became the master of chocolate, how did it all begin?