Southern Airways began service from Pueblo Memorial Airport with three daily
departures to Denver. Southern replaces SkyWest, which filed a request to United States Department of Transportation in March to terminate service to Pueblo and 28 other essential air service markets.
Southern was founded in Memphis in 2013 and has since grown to be the largest commuter airline in America.
“The City of Pueblo is proud to partner with Southern Airways to provide Essential Air Service at Pueblo Memorial Airport,” said Greg Pedroza, Director of Aviation for Pueblo Memorial Airport. “Southern Airways will be a great fit, offering convenient and economical connections to Denver International Airport and beyond.”
Southern Airways currently has interline ticketing and baggage agreements with American, United, and Alaska Airlines. Interline agreements mean that passengers can book their flights between Pueblo and their final destination in one single transaction and have their bags transferred automatically between Southern and the other airline. Passengers can book their tickets to any destination in the United States, with flights originating
from Pueblo, on Southern’s website, iFlySouthern.com.
If you are visiting Pueblo, Colorado, here are some very interesting things to do. Some of our favorites include:
- Great for those seeking outdoor adventure. Pueblo’s 700+ miles of dirt roads access a wide variety of terrain to explore. From the Wet Mountains of western Pueblo County to the fertile eastern canyons and plains of the Arkansas River Valley, there’s a variety of landscapes to see.
- Gravel Cyclists and Mountain bikers will find plenty of paths for exploring and getting exercise in some of nature’s most dynamic settings.
- Famous Pueblo Chiles- This chile is celebrated in restaurants and even has its own festival!
- Pueblo Classic – The 2-day challenging bicycle road race is held April 23rd and 24th, 2023.
- Home of the Colorado State Fair