Here are some easy summer recipes for you to make that are perfect for warmer weather! Whether you’re looking for that refreshing bite on a hot summer day or the perfect dish for that backyard dinner experience, we’ve rounded up some of the internet’s best summer dishes that are easy crowd-pleasers.
Spicy Corn Carbonara
Try out Pure Wow’s Spicy Corn Carbonara recipe that provides a luxurious, light cream sauce and crispy bacon.
1. Cut the corn off the cob with a sharp knife. Transfer kernels to a bowl and firmly scrape the knife against the cob to release any liquid. Discard the cobs.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered and it’s very crisp 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain it on paper towels.
3. Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s tender, about 4 minutes. Add the corn and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 3 minutes. Season with the salt and red pepper flakes and reserve over low heat.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Scoop out and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta.
5. Stir the pasta water into the corn mixture. Raise heat to medium and bring the liquid to a gentle simmer. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to combine.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and cream. Add to the skillet and toss well to coat. Add the Parmesan, plenty of black pepper and reserved bacon and toss to combine. Garnish with the chives.
A Couple Cook’s Peach Salsa recipe offers a balance of refreshing summer peaches with the heat of the jalapeno. Enjoy with chips or pour over grilled chicken or shrimp to summer-up your protein.
Hawaiian Style Garlic Shrimp
Crispy shrimp with bright flavors, Spoon Fork Bacon’s Hawaiian Style Garlic Shrimp is perfect for your backyard summer BBQ.
Balsamic Steak Gorgonzola Salad with Grilled Corn
Aberdeen’s Kitchen has just elevated your summer steak craving. Grilled sirloin steak on top of cherry tomatoes, mixed greens, grilled corn and crowned with gremolata and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Marinate the steak: In a medium-size bowl, stir together ingredients for the marinade. Place steaks in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and shake to coat. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the gremolata: Combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan at medium-high heat or an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn on the cob with 1 tablespoon olive oil and liberally sprinkle salt and pepper. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form on the corn kernels and they are somewhat softened about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob.
- Remove the steak from the fridge. Place on the grill or grill pan. Grill both sides 4-5 minutes for rare to medium-rare. Remove steak to a plate and let rest for five minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Toss together half of the vinaigrette, half of the gremolata, mixed greens, endives, tomatoes, gorgonzola, sliced corn, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Lay sliced steak on top of the salad. Drizzle steak and salad with gremolata and remaining vinaigrette as desired.
Peach, Burrata and Prosciutto Salad
Fetty’s Food Blog brings simple, fresh ingredients to the table to create an upscale salad. A dish made up of peaches, burrata, proscuitto, fresh basil and olive oil, you will feel like you are eating summer on a plate.