If you decide to take a Mokulele Airlines flight to Hana and travel the famous Road To Hana, take your time. First of all slow down for the many locals traveling the road, because the 52-mile stretch of highway is mostly one-lane and very winding. And, secondly to just enjoy the beauty.
Here are 5 things to stop and do when traveling the Hana Highway:
- Maui Garden of Eden- The Garden of Eden is a beautiful arboretum that was created by Alan Bradbury, Maui’s first ISA-certified arborist.
- Stop For The Falls – Not all of the waterfalls and pools are open to the public, but, we counted at least 7 stops along the way that are. Some are quite easy to reach, and some are for the more experienced hiker and further off the road.
- Hana Town – One of the best small towns in Hawai’i. Featuring great culture, food, and a lot of local flavors.
- Hana’s Wai’anapanapa State Park and Maui’s only famous black sand beach spread across 122 acres of the East Maui coastline. It hosts a blowhole, ancient Hawaiian burial sites, Sea caves, and more. The black sand is a direct result of the lava from the volcanoes
- Hamoa Beach -Located about 1/2 mile from Hana Town, this beach has been listed multiple years as one of the Best Beaches in the World by Conde Nast.