A weekend trip on Southern Airways to Jackson, TN will bring you to an awesome Southern town that has a beat of it’s own.
Here are 5 things to know about Jackson, TN:
- Jackson is home to Carl Perkins, the King of Rockabilly, writer of “Blue Suede Shoes”, and member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- 15 Miles away is the birthplace of the great Tina Turner.
- Jackson is part of the Walking Tall Trail System which covers West Tennessee. Rockabilly, rails and legendary trails. Explore Southwest Tennessee’s charming small towns, mom-and-pop eateries, courthouse squares and barbecue gems.
- Jackson was the home of the great railroad legend Casey Jones and there is a whole village and museum dedicated to him and that time. Check out the Dixie Cafe for Southern Soul Food.
- Home to Cypress Grove Nature Park featuring quiet walks through dense woodlands, with lake views & birds-of-prey sightings.